Monday, September 15, 2014

Strawberry Green Monster


One of my favorite things to do with my shakes is to experiment with them. I fell in love with the Classic Green Monster from Oh She Glows a long time ago and have missed it from time to time while drinking my shakeology shakes. I made it once with vanilla, and then I had the brilliant idea to make it with strawberry. Heaven! The original smoothie calls for adding chia and cinnamon. Those are lovely additions that I might try at some point. For now, this is my favorite way to enjoy my strawberry shakes. Perfectly refreshing and totally delicious!

The first time I made this, I actually didn't have any fresh spinach in the house, but I did have frozen spinach. It worked perfectly and probably actually gave me a larger serving. It is an awesome alternative to always having fresh on hand.

Strawberry Shakeology Green Monster

1 scoop strawberry shakeology
1/2 frozen banana
2 handfulls of fresh spinach or 1 cup of frozen
1 TB PB2
1 cup almond milk
1 cup ice

* When using spinach in a shake, you might have smoother results if you blend the spinach and liquid first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment