Sunday, February 1, 2015

Taking a healthy dip

So I'm technically done with the Whole30, but I'm still adhering to a lot of the things I learned and I am also slowly adding foods back in. One thing that I seriously enjoyed while on the Whole30 was baba ghanoush. A friend who was doing the program with me mentioned that one thing she really missed was being able to dip vegetables into hummus. I got through that craving by making the best baba ghanoush ever (recipe not surprisingly from The Clothes Make the Girl).



Baba ghanoush is a traditional middle eastern dish made with roasted eggplant and tahini. There are tons of recipes out there and I have made it in the past, but not with as much success as this version. I have made it twice now and changed the consistency based on how long you let it go in the processor. The next time I make it I will reduce the tahini and see if the taste can be as awesome with a little less fat.

This is a great way to change up your raw vegetable consumption. The flavors are amazing and it is a wonderful way to eat some eggplant, a vegetable not everyone consumes as often as they should.

Now that I am back trying to follow the container system of the 21 Day Fix, the only bummer that I'm seeing is that due to the tahini, I'm only allowed 2 TB of this a day and then it cancels out other healthy fats, like avocados. That is one of the areas that might be a little gray for me now that I have finished the Whole30 and have less fear of healthy fats, but we'll see.

What is your favorite dip?

No comments:

Post a Comment